Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Jersey royals, mackerel & horseradish
snacks and sides | serves 8
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Put the potatoes in a roasting tray, season well and drizzle generously with olive oil. Add the bay, grate over the zest of a lemon and squeeze over its juice. Mix to coat potatoes, then roast for 30 minutes, or until the potato skins have wrinkled and turned golden.
2. Meanwhile, grate the horseradish into a bowl, add the crème fraîche, juice of 1 lemon, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Mix, then stir in a few glugs of extra-virgin olive oil.
3. Put the warm potatoes on a big platter, drizzle over half the horseradish dressing, flake over the mackerel in big chunks, then scatter over the watercress. Serve with the remaining dressing to the side and a scattering of edible flowers.
Per serving 370 cals, 9.1g protein, 28.4g fat (11.2g saturated), 19.6g carbs, 2.5g sugars
Recipe Anna Jones
Photo Myles New
from Issue 4
ingredients• 1kg Jersey royals, scrubbed
• Olive oil
• 4 fresh bay leaves
• 2 lemons
• 5cm piece of fresh horseradish, or 2 tbsp from a jar
• 6 tbsp crème fraîche
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 fillets best smoked mackerel, skin removed (approx 250g)
• A handful of watercress
• Allium or chive flowers (optional)