Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
LA-style turkey salad
starter | serves 4–6
"Turkey often only gets a look in at Christmas, but it’s a good source of lean protein that’s generally available all year round," says Jamie. "Paired with avocado, it makes for a cracking salad. I’ve called it LA-style because it melds Mexican flavours and fresh produce in a very Californian way."
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/gas 4. Place a griddle pan over a high heat. Mix the cayenne pepper, paprika, white pepper and oregano with a good pinch of salt and a little olive oil and rub all over the turkey breast. Put the turkey on the pan, turn the heat to medium, and cook for 20–25 minutes, turning halfway.
2. Meanwhile, make the salad and dressing. Blitz 1 avocado in a blender with the yoghurt, lime juice, jalapeno, most of the coriander and a good drizzle of olive oil until you have a creamy dressing. Season to taste, add a splash of water if needed to loosen, then set aside.
3. Spread the corn tortilla strips over a baking sheet and bake in the oven for a few minutes, until golden and crisp. 4 When your turkey is almost cooked, add the bacon to the pan for the last few minutes to crisp up. Once done, transfer the turkey to a board to rest, then thinly slice. Crudely toss the turkey in a bowl with the lettuce wedges and avocado dressing, then scatter over a board. Crumble over the bacon, add the tortilla strips, then use a spoon to scoop out little nuggets of the remaining avocado and add these. Finish with grapefruit segments, mixed cress, if using, and the remaining coriander leaves. Serve with limes for squeezing over.
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo Andrew Montgomery
from Issue 30
ingredients• ˝ tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 tbsp paprika
• ˝ tsp white pepper
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 2 skinless turkey breasts, or about 600g chicken if you prefer
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 ripe avocados, halved and stoned
• 4 tbsp fat-free plain yoghurt
• 2 limes, plus extra to serve
• 1 jalapeno or red chilli
• A large bunch of coriander
• 2 corn tortillas, sliced into 1cm strips
• 4 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
• 1 cos lettuce, cut into wedges
• 1 little gem lettuce, cut into wedges
• 1–2 pink or red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
• Mixed baby cress, to serve (optional)