Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
main courses | serves 4
1. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large saucepan and sauté the lamb for 5–7 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add the garlic, onion and spring onions and cook for 5 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the lettuce and dill and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly until the lettuce wilts. Season generously with sea salt and ground black pepper. Add water to just cover the stew and simmer for 1½–2 hours or until the meat is tender.
2. For avgolemono, whisk the eggs and lemon juice together and ladle in some broth from the stew while whisking. Pour into the stew and combine wellwith a wooden spoon. Continue to stir over a low heat (being careful that the sauce does not curdle) for 3–5 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
from Issue 2
ingredients• 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
• 2 bunches spring onions, including green stems, finely chopped
• 2 heads cos lettuce, washed and finely shredded
• 1 bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
• 1.5kg boned leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 5cm pieces
• Green salad and bread, to serve
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• Juice of 1½ lemons