Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Leftover lamb pie
main courses | serves 12
1. Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and sautι the celery, leeks, onions and garlic for 57 minutes, until softened. Add the leftover lamb and cook, stirring occasionally, for 23 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Lightly grease a shallow 40cm x 30cm roasting dish. When the lamb mixture has cooled, add the currants, feta, potato, rice, cinnamon, oregano, mint and parsley and mix well. Set aside.
3. Lay 1 sheet of filo in the roasting dish and brush with melted butter. Repeat until you have used all of 1 packet.
4. Spread the lamb filling over the pastry, then top with the hardboiled egg quarters, lining them up in 4 rows.
5. Place 1 sheet of filo from the second packet of pastry on the filling, brush with melted butter and continue layering until you've used all the pastry.
6. Sprinkle over the zatar and cut the lamb pie into 16 squares, making sure each square contains some egg. Drizzle over a little cold water and bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until the top is golden and the pie cooked through. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Note Zatar is a Middle Eastern blend of sumac, sesame seeds and herbs. It is available from specialist spice shops, or online in the UK at thespiceshop.co.uk
Per serving 941cals, 79.1g fat (37.5g saturated), 23.6g protein, 31.8g carbs, 6.5g sugars
Recipe Andy Harris
Photo Myles New
from Issue 18
ingredients 75g butter, plus 50g, melted, to grease
3 tbsp olive oil
2 celery sticks, sliced
2 leeks, thinly sliced
2 onions, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1kg leftover roast lamb, chopped
60g currants or raisins
300g feta, crumbled
500g potatoes, peeled, diced and parboiled
180g long grain rice, parboiled
½ tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried mint
½ bunch flat-leaf parsley, including stalks, finely chopped
2 x 270g packets filo pastry
3 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and quartered
1 tbsp zatar (see note)