Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
main courses | serves 4
"This is a cross between burger and a BLT, and I believe everyone should have the pleasure of eating it at least once in their life," says Jamie. "I know lobster is seen as elitist food, but in Britain we’re never that far from the shore, so you can get lobster from any decent fishmonger. I made mini burgers on the day, but have written this recipe for regular ones – the process is the same, so do whichever you prefer. I’m only using the tail meat, but feel free to use the claws, too."
1. For the salsa, put a fine-to-coarse grater over a chopping board and grate your tomatoes to a slurry. You’ll end up with seeds and skin on one side, slurry on the other. Get rid of the seeds and skin. Grate in the chilli and season well. Add a lug of oil, a swig of vinegar and stir in the herbs.
2. Cut the lobster into 2cm slices (use the rivets of the tail as guides). Leave the shell on to protect the meat as it cooks and help keep its shape. Toss the chunks in oil, salt, pepper and mustard, then barbecue for 2–3 minutes on each side until cooked; peel. Barbecue the bacon, turning after a couple of minutes, till golden and crispy. Toast the buns at the same time, then lay the bottom halves on a nice board. Rub the cut garlic over each one, drizzle with oil, then add a tiny blob of ketchup, a teaspoon of mayo and a squeeze of lemon juice.
3. Put a nice wodge of watercress and lettuce on each bun. Top with lobster, salsa, crumbled bacon, red onion and the bun lid. Secure the burgers with skewers.
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 11
ingredients• 2 x 700–800g lobsters, tails twisted off
• Olive oil
• 1 heaped tsp dijon mustard
• 4 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, thinly sliced
• 4 burger buns
• 1 garlic clove, halved
• Ketchup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, watercress, soft lettuce leaves and finely sliced red onion, to serve
Grated tomato salsa
• 2 ripe tomatoes, use 1 yellow if you like
• ½ fresh red chilli
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• Red wine vinegar
• Chopped herbs, your choice (optional)