Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
snacks and sides | serves 2 as a side
Great with roasted meats or fish, this cheesy dish is just as morish with zucchini in place of aubergine.
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Heat a deep fryer or add a generous drizzle of olive oil to a large pan over high heat. Lightly dust the aubergine slices with
a little flour and season well. Carefully fry the aubergine, in batches, on both sides until soft and golden.
2. Lightly oil a shallow 11cm x 18cm baking dish and place a few slices of aubergine on the bottom. Spoon over a little tomato sauce followed by a few
torn basil leaves, a sprinkle of parmesan and a little mozzarella and season well. Continue to layer the ingredients, finishing with a layer of mozzarella and a good sprinkle of parmesan. Place in the hot oven and cook for about 15–20 minutes or until bubbling and golden. Garnish with a few basil leaves to serve.
Per serving 300 cals, 17.6g fat (10.8g saturated), 18g protein, 15.1g carbs, 4.2g sugars
Recipe Jamie's Italian
Photo Dan Jones
from Issue 17
ingredients• Olive oil
• Flour, to coat
• 1 large (about 275g) aubergine, cut into 1cm thick slices
• 3 tbsp tomato-and-basil sauce or passata
• A handful of basil leaves
• 20g grated parmesan
• 1 ball of mozzarella, torn into small pieces