Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Mexican black bean burgers with lime
main courses | serves 6
1. Blitz the oats and nuts in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add 1½ tins of beans, the onion, chilli, ground coriander and cumin, coriander leaves, zest and a good drizzle of olive oil; blitz to combine. Add remaining beans and pulse just once or twice, so they stay a little chunky. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Divide into 6 balls then flatten into burgers on a clean surface dusted with flour and smoked paprika. Place on a tray and chill for at least an hour.
3. Place the bread, cut-side down, on the grill and cook until lightly charred. Set aside. Cook the burgers for 4–5 minutes each side until lightly charred and cooked through. Scatter rocket on 6 roll halves or slices of bread, top with burgers, then salsa, avocado and remaining bread slices. Serve with lime cheeks.
Per serving 276 cals, 10.5g fat (1.8g saturated), 14.5g protein, 29.5g carbs, 2.3g sugars
Recipe Georgie Socratous
Photo Tara Fisher
from Issue 20
ingredients• 2 handfuls of rolled oats
• 2 tbsp salted peanuts
• 2 x 400g tins black beans, drained
• 1 red onion, grated
• 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
• ½ tsp ground coriander
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• ½ bunch of coriander, leaves picked
• Grated zest of 1 lime
• Olive oil
• Flour, for dusting
• 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
• 6 bread rolls, split, or 12 slices of ciabatta
• Sliced avocado, fresh tomato salsa, baby rocket
and lime cheeks, to serve