Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
#8 - Mozzarella & winter fruit salad
starter | serves 4
We're looking back at some of our favourite recipes from every single issue in the run up to our 50th edition on 3 July. Today's recipe from issue 8 back in February 2010 is a lovely simple salad that's bursting with colour and flavour.
1. Wash the rocket and spin dry. Slice the pith and peel from the oranges, cut them in half horizontally and break into chunks. Seed the pomegranate, and put to one side.
2. Make a dressing, to taste, with the lemon, olive oil and pinch of salt. Toss the rocket and mint in the dressing with the orange chunks and place a little pile on each of 4 plates. Tear up the mozzarella and lay on the leaves with the oranges. Sprinkle with coarsely ground black pepper. Scatter with some pomegranate seeds, drizzle with a little olive oil, shave curls of pecorino over the top and serve.
Keep a look out for tomorrow's tempting Sicilian pasta dish!
Recipe Pete Begg
Photo Kate Whitaker
from Issue 8
ingredients• 100g rocket
• 2 blood oranges
• 1 pomegranate
• ½ lemon
• 3–4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• Few sprigs of mint, leaves picked
• 4 balls of mozzarella, about 120g
• 30g creamy pecorino