Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Nathan Outlaw?s seafood burger
main courses | 4
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low?medium heat, then add the shallots, garlic and chilli and cook for 3 minutes, until softened but not coloured. Set aside on a plate to cool.
2. Put the cod into a blender and pulse for 20?30 seconds; it should still have some texture. Scoop it into a bowl, add the crab meat and stir to combine. Mix in the prawns, followed by the cooled shallot mixture, then season and mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into four equal portions and use your hands to mould them into patties. Put them on a plate in the fridge for 45 minutes.
4. Get your barbecue going to a high heat, meanwhile, make the mayo. Put the egg yolks and lemon juice into a bowl and whisk to combine. Keep whisking while you add the sunflower oil ? slowly add it in drips to begin with, then gradually pour it in a steady stream until it?s all incorporated and the mayo is thick.
5. Stir through the wasabi until combined, season with a pinch of salt and add the chopped rocket, or other peppery leaf, if using. Set aside in the fridge until needed.
6. When you?re ready to cook, thread the lettuces onto a large barbecue skewer. Brush the seafood patties with a little oil and place them on the barbecue for 3 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 3 minutes. As soon as you?ve turned them, add the lettuce skewer to the barbecue and char them for about 1½ minutes on each side, then pop the burger buns on to toast for 10?20 seconds, until bar?marked.
7. To assemble your burger, place a couple of the baby-gem leaves on the bottom half of each burger bun with some pickled onions, then top with the patties. Add a generous dollop of the wasabi mayonnaise, sandwich everything together
with the bun tops and serve.
Recipe Nathan Outlaw
Photo Martin Poole
from Issue 51
ingredients? Olive oil
? 2 shallots, finely chopped
? 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
? 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
? 200g cod fillet, skinned and pin-boned, roughly chopped
? 100g fresh crab meat (a mixture of white and brown), double-checked for fragments of shell or cartilage
? 100g shelled prawns, deveined and roughly chopped
? 2 baby gem lettuces, trimmed
? 4 burger buns, split
? Pickled onions, sliced
? 2 egg yolks
? 2 tbsp lemon juice
? 300ml sunflower oil
? 50g freshly grated English wasabi or wasabi paste
? 3 tsp chopped rocket, or other peppery leaf (optional)