Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
New potatoes & trout
main courses | serves 6, or 8–10 as a starter
The amazing flavour of jersey royals comes from Jersey’s light, fertile soil. “I absolutely love these little potatoes and feel very excited when the season starts at the beginning of April,” said Jamie back in May 2012. “It’s very short though, only lasting until the beginning of June. We are very lucky in the UK because apparently 99 per cent of jerseys are exported to us, with the remaining 1 per cent eaten by the islanders.” When the potatoes are fresh, you can easily remove their papery-thin skin by rubbing them with your thumb to reveal the pale potato underneath. They’re most delicious boiled and simply dressed with herbs, or served with fish.
1. Cook the jersey royals in a saucepan of salted boiling water for about 15 minutes, or until lovely and soft when pricked with a fork. Drain in a colander and let them steam dry.
2 .Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and gently crush a few with a fork to add texture. Add the butter and season well. Flake in half of the smoked trout, add the cider vinegar (or lemon zest and juice) and toss through. Serve at room temperature, with the remaining trout flaked over and chives snipped on top. This salad is delicious served on its own or with some soft round lettuce.
Per serving 339 cals, 10g fat (5.2g saturated), 13.1g protein, 46.7g carbs, 3.1g sugars
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 29
ingredients• 2kg jersey royal new potatoes, skins scrubbed
• 50g salted butter
• 250g smoked trout fillets
• A splash of cider vinegar, or the grated zest of 1 lemon & juice of ˝
• A small bunch of chives, finely chopped