Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Pasta & green olives
main courses | serves 2
Conchiglie is particularly good in this dish as the tomato sauce will cling to its ridged surfaces while the olive chunks will get caught up in its bowl-shaped interiors.
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan, then fry the sliced garlic for a few minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the olives, season with fresh black pepper, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the passata and the brine and cook for a further 5 minutes. Taste for salt - it should be fine because of the salt in the brine but you can add a bit more sea salt if needed.
3. Drain the pasta and toss it through the sauce. Serve with parmesan and extra-virgin olive oil drizzled over, and scatter over a few roughly torn basil leaves if you wish.
Recipe Andy Harris
Photo Sam Stowell
from Issue 13
ingredients• 300g pasta
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, sliced
• 1 x 150g jar green olives in brine, stoned and chopped (reserving 4 tbsp brine)
• 120ml passata
• Grated parmesan and extra virgin olive oil to serve, plus basil leaves (optional)