Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Pasta with aubergine & tomato sauce
main courses | serves 4–6
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and sweat the onion, garlic and basil stalks for 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season well and bring to a steady simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, fry the aubergine in the remaining oil until golden, then stir into the tomato sauce with the basil leaves. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, drain, then stir through the sauce. Divide between plates and crumble over some ricotta before serving.
Recipe Kate McCullough
Photo Sam Stowell
from Issue 22
ingredients• 4–6 tbsp olive oil
• 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• A small bunch basil, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
• 2 aubergines, cut into 2cm slices
• 500g rigatoni
• 80g ricotta