Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Pea, mint & basil arancini cakes
starter | serves 4
1. Heat the olive oil in pan, add half the spring onions and cook gently until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Turn up the heat, add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes until it’s translucent.
2. Add the wine and keep stirring until all of it has been absorbed. Add the hot stock in small amounts, stirring continuously over a low heat until the rice is almost cooked; you may not need all of the stock. Add the peas and cook for a couple minutes more.
3. Turn off the heat and stir in the butter, parmesan, remaining spring onions, lemon zest, herbs and seasoning. Leave to cool completely.
4. Take small handfuls and shape into cakes. Dip the cakes into the beaten egg, then coat in breadcrumbs. Heat enough oil to fill a large frying pan to about half the depth of the cakes. Fry the arancini for 3–4 minutes on each side until golden brown, then drain on kitchen paper. Serve with a green salad and a squeeze of lemon.
Per serving 744 cals, 48.5g fat (9.2g saturated), 16.0g protein, 56.4g carbs, 2.6g sugars
Recipe Rebecca Rauter
Photo Maja Smend
from Issue 18
ingredients• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 5 spring onions, finely chopped
• 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
• 160g arborio rice
• 80ml white wine
• 500ml hot vegetable stock
• 40g fresh or frozen peas
• 20g butter
• 20g parmesan
• Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus a squeeze of juice
• 2 sprigs of mint, leaves chopped
• ½ bunch of basil, leaves chopped
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 200g breadcrumbs
• Vegetable oil, for frying