Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Petite blanquette de poulet a l?estragon (tarragon chicken)
main courses | serves 4?6
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large pan over a high heat. Add the chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Wipe out the pan then heat the remaining oil. Add the carrot, celery and onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half.
3. Return the chicken to the pan with the thyme, bay and stock. Simmer, covered, for 40?50 minutes or till the chicken is falling off the bone. Spoon the chicken and vegetables into a serving dish and keep warm. Strain the cooking liquid into a saucepan.
4. Whisk together the flour and butter, add to the cooking liquid, whisking continuously, and place over a medium heat. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and season to taste.
5. Combine the cream and egg yolks in a jug and whisk into the sauce. Stir in the tarragon, pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Per serving 1256 cals, 95.1g fat (35.5g saturated), 76.4g protein, 20.5g carbs, 7.8g sugars
Recipe Boundary restaurant
Photo Maja Smend
from Issue 22
ingredients? 3 tbsp olive oil
? 1 x 1.4kg chicken, cut into 8 pieces
? 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
? 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
? 1 large onion, finely chopped
? 150g button mushrooms, quartered
? 50ml white wine
? 1 bunch of thyme, tied with string
? 5 bay leaves
? 500ml chicken stock
? 40g flour
? 40g butter, softened
? Juice of 1 lemon
? 220ml whipping cream
? 2 egg yolks, beaten
? 3?4 tbsp chopped tarragon