Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
dessert recipes | serves 6–8
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Remove the pastry from the freezer so it’s partially thawed but still cold when you use it. Using a sharp knife, remove the top, skin and eyes from the pineapple. Slice in half horizontally and then again vertically, and remove and discard the fibrous cores. Cut into 1cm slices and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat then sprinkle in the sugar and cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until it begins to caramelise. When the caramel is dark but not burnt, add 12–15 pineapple slices and cook for 6–8 minutes, until they soften a little.
3. Arrange the pineapple in overlapping circles in a 24cm ovenproof pan. Pour over the caramel then lay the pastry on top, tucking the edge between the fruit and the pan. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20–25 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden. Leave to rest for a few minutes before inverting onto a warm plate. Serve the pineapple tatin with some thick cream or crème fraîche.
Per serving 252 cals, 14.9g fat, (7.1g saturated), 1.7g protein, 27.4g carbs, 19g sugars
Recipe Sue Fairlie-Cuninghame
Photo Con Poulos
from Issue 19
ingredients• 1 pineapple (about 525g)
• 60g butter
• 100g caster sugar
• 1 large sheet (about 200g) readymade butter puff pastry
• Cream or crème fraîche, to serve