Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Pulled brisket chilli
snacks and sides | Makes 20-25
For me, the joy of a good chilli isnt mince I want texture. As for the guacamole, dont buy smooth pre-made stuff the authentic stuff is hand-scrunched. You can also eat it with tacos, fajitas, fish
the options are endless.
1. Place the beef on a board and score one side. Bash the cinnamon, cumin, paprika and oregano with a mortar and pestle then rub into the cuts in the beef. Season well, drizzle over a little olive oil and brown the brisket well in a large pan over a high heat.
2. Place the bay leaves, peppers, tomatoes and stock in a large pot and bring to the boil.
3. Meanwhile, add the chilli and onion to the pan with the brisket, cook for 5 minutes, then transfer the lot to the large pot, cover, and leave to simmer for 44½ hours.
4. Gently pull the beef apart using 2 forks. Remove the bay, add a little vinegar to taste, add the coriander and adjust the seasoning.
5. For the guacamole, put the avocado flesh in a bowl with the coriander, red onion and lime juice. Season, then scrunch in the tomatoes, picking out any large bits of skin. You can also use a food processor if you like. Finely grate in the chilli flesh, mix well and adjust the seasoning. Serve with the chilli, tortillas, yoghurt and a green salad.
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 22
ingredients 1.5kg beef brisket
1 large cinnamon stick
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 heaped tbsp dried oregano
2 fresh bay leaves
2 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
400ml beef stock
34 red chillies, 2 deseeded, sliced
2 red onions, finely sliced
Red wine vinegar
½ bunch coriander, chopped
Soft tortillas, Greek-style yoghurt and green salad, to serve
6 perfectly ripe avocados
1 bunch of coriander, leaves torn
1 small red onion, finely grated
Juice of 45 limes
4 perfectly ripe tomatoes (different colours if you can), roughly chopped
12 red chillies, deseeded