Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Queen of puddings
dessert recipes | serves 6
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4 and grease a 20cm pie dish. Place the butter, milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a saucepan over a low heat and bring almost to the boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl and pour over the hot milk mixture. Allow to soak for 15 minutes, then stir in the lemon zest and juice, then the beaten egg yolks.
3. Pour into the pie dish and bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes or until firmly set. Remove and let cool. Leave the oven on.
4. Spread the jam evenly over the pudding. For the meringue topping, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then gradually add the remaining sugar and whisk until smooth and glossy. Spread the meringue over the jam and return the pudding to the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until the meringue is lightly browned on top. Serve the pudding hot, with cream.
Per serving 227 cals, 6.6g fat (3.2g saturated), 5.9g protein, 35.7g carbs, 26.1g sugars
Recipe Mrs Harris
Photo Emma Lee
from Issue 25
ingredients• 25g butter, plus extra for greasing
• 285ml milk
• 100g sugar
• 85g fresh white breadcrumbs
• Grated zest and juice of 1 large lemon
• 2 eggs, separated, yolks lightly beaten
• 2 tbsp raspberry jam, lightly warmed
• Cream, to serve