Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Rich chocolate tart with salt flakes
dessert recipes | serves 4-6
You can make the pastry for this, if you like, but ready-made is easier.
1. Preheat the oven to 180/gas 4. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 23cm greased tart tin. Cover with baking paper, fill with dried beans and bake blind for 10-15 minutes, then remove the beans and bake again for 15 minutes until golden.
2. Put the cream, sugar and salt in a pan and bring to the boil. Remove as soon as the mixture boils up. With the pan off the heat, add the butter and chocolate. Stir until blended.
3. Take a couple of minutes for a breather, then stir in the milk. Keep stirring till it's shiny. Pour into the tart shell and leave at room temperature for 2 hours to set.
4. Sprinkle the salt flakes lightly all over, then serve with crème fraîche or ice cream.
Recipe Kevin Gould
Photo Con Poulos
from Issue 13
ingredients• 300ml double cream
• 2 tsp caster sugar
• A pinch of fine sea salt
• 50g unsalted butter, softened
• 200g 70% cocoa cook’s chocolate, broken into small pieces
• 50ml whole milk
• 375g ready-made shortcrust pastry
• Sea salt flakes and crème fraîche or ice cream, to serve