Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Roast vegetable megamix
snacks and sides | serves 4
This is really a guide to get you looking for flavours that work for you.
1. Preheat your oven to 190C/gas 5. If any carrots, parsnips or turnips are big, chop them in half. Parboil all your veg together, except the beets, as they’ll turn everything red! The beets take
a little longer to cook, around 20–25 minutes, so get them on first. Parboil the rest of your veg for 10 minutes in a large pan of salted boiling water. Drain, then let them steam dry, then separate them out so you can hit them with those different flavours.
2. Mix up the veg with the matching flavours, except the honey. Lay them out on a large tray, keeping each veg type together. (You can get up to this stage the day before, then cover them with foil and keep them with your spuds till your turkey is resting. Nothing will discolour because of the oil and acid.)
3. Roast them for 50–60 minutes, until they are golden, crispy and beautiful. Five minutes before the veg are ready, drizzle the honey over the parsnips. Take them all out the oven, give the tray a jiggle, then pile the veg on a platter.
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 7
ingredients• Olive oil
• 500g carrots, peeled
• Juice from 1 clementine, squeezed, halves reserved
• Few sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked
• 2 bulbs of fennel, peeled, quartered
• Few sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
• ½ lemon
• 400g parsnips, peeled
• Glug of white wine vinegar
• 2–3 of sprigs of sage, leaves torn
• 1 small tsp honey, kept back
• 350g beetroot
• Couple of glugs of balsamic vinegar
• Few sprigs of oregano or marjoram
• 350g baby turnips
• Couple of glugs of red wine vinegar
• 5 fresh bay leaves