Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Roasted banana & cinnamon ice cream
dessert recipes | serves 8
Somewhere between frozen yoghurt and ice cream, this is easy to make and oh-so hard to resist.
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Peel the bananas and lay them in a snug-fitting heatproof dish. Squeeze over the juice of 1˝ oranges, drizzle with honey and sprinkle over 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon. Roast in the oven for around 20 minutes, or until golden and soft, then set aside to cool.
2. Place the bananas and their syrup in a blender, then blitz with the milk and yoghurt. Add in a handful of the zest, the juice of the remaining orange half, a pinch of salt and the rest of the cinnamon, then churn in an ice-cream machine. (If you don’t have one, freeze the mixture in a suitable container for about 3 hours; every hour, take it out, whip with a whisk, then return to the freezer.)
3. Serve in bowls with a scattering of orange zest and grated chocolate.
Recipe Phillippa Spence
Photo Martin Poole
from Issue 38
ingredients• 5 ripe bananas
• Finely grated zest of 2 oranges, fruits halved
• 4 tbsp runny honey
• 3 tsp ground cinnamon
• 300ml milk
• 250g fat-free yoghurt
• Dark chocolate, grated, to serve