Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Roasted chilli frittata
main courses | serves 2
"This is a meal in itself," says Jamie. "You can make this with chillies and a pepper, or if you?re like me, double the chillies. Blackening the chillies calms their heat and releases their sweetness, adding a nice hum to the dish."
1. Preheat your oven to full whack. Prick each of your chillies and pepper with a small sharp knife then blacken over a gas flame, in a dry griddle pan or under a grill. Once they?re nicely charred, pop them in a bowl and cover with clingfilm. After 10 minutes, remove the skin, stalks and seeds, then delicately tear lengthways into thin strips. Put these back in the bowl and marinate in red wine vinegar, a lug of olive oil and the parsley stalks.
2. Heat olive oil and some butter in a small ovenproof frying pan, then add half of your marinated chillies and the garlic. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl with some grated parmesan and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Put a few of your parsley leaves to one side, then finely chop the rest and add them to the eggs.
3. Pour the eggs into the pan then crumble in half of the goat?s cheese. Move the pan around a bit to spread everything around. When the egg is just starting to set, crumble most of the remaining goat?s cheese over, then pop the frittata in a hot oven for 5 minutes or until it doubles in size. Some people cook their frittatas all the way through, but I prefer mine only just done. Once it?s out of the oven, delicately drape the rest of your marinated chilli strips over the top, crumble over the last few bits of goat?s cheese, then drizzle over a little of the chilli marinade. Sprinkle with the reserved parsley and serve with something fresh and lovely, like a rocket, lemon and parmesan salad.
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 6
ingredients• 4 (or 8!) chillies ? a mixture of green, red and yellow
• 1 red or green pepper (if using 4 chillies)
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• Olive oil
• 6 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
• A knob of butter
• 5 eggs
• A handful of grated parmesan
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 100g goat?s cheese or feta