Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Roasted pumpkin & mozzarella
snacks and sides | serves 4
At Jamie’s Italian they use burrata from Puglia in Southern Italy – an extra decadent and creamy version of mozzarella. Find it at natoora.co.uk.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Toss the pumpkin wedges with the sage, chilli, garlic and a splash of olive oil and season well. Place on a roasting tray and bake for 25–30 minutes, until the pumpkin begins to colour and is soft. Check regularly to make sure it is not burning and cover with baking paper if necessary.
2. While the pumpkin is still warm, arrange in a criss-cross pattern in a large bowl or on four individual plates and sprinkle over half the grated parmesan. Place the mozzarella in the middle, followed by the rest of the grated parmesan.
3. In a separate bowl, toss the mixed leaves and herbs with the lemon zest and a splash of olive oil and season well. Pile on top of the mozzarella, then drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Finish with any roasted chilli, garlic or sage left over in the roasting tray
Recipe Jamie's Italian
Photo Dan Jones
from Issue 17
ingredients• 1 kg squash or pumpkin, cut lengthways into 1.5cm slices
• ½ small bunch of sage, leaves picked
• 1–2 red chillies, thinly sliced
• 1–2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• Olive oil
• 20g grated parmesan
• 2 x 125g balls of mozzarella or burrata, ripped in half
• 120g mixed leaves and herbs (or micro leaves if you have them), ripped up
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• Balsamic vinegar, to drizzle