Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Roasted tomato tart
snacks and sides | serves 6–8 as a snack
1. Wrap the butter in tin foil and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Place the flour in a large bowl. Remove the butter from the freezer, roll down the foil so your fingertips don’t touch the butter (otherwise it will melt) and grate, using the largest holes, into the flour. Combine the butter and flour with a knife, then add about 3 tbsp cold water to bring the mixture together. Place in fridge if it gets too warm.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Roll out the pastry to 1/2cm thickness, large enough to cover a 23cm x 33cm tray. Using a sharp knife, score a rectangular border around the pastry, 1cm from the edge. Spread with pesto (inside the scored area), add the tomatoes, sprinkle over the parmesan and thyme, glaze the edge with eggwash and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with a green salad.
Per serving 361 cals, 6.4g protein, 22.5g carbs, 0.8g sugars, 27g fat (13.3g saturated)
Recipe Orford School
Photo Andrew Montgomery
from Issue 19
ingredients• 170g butter
• 230g flour
• 3–4 tbsp pesto
• 9 halves of cherry or small vine tomatoes
• A handful of grated parmesan
• 6 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
• 1 egg, beaten
• Green salad, to serve