Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Scotch quail eggs
snacks and sides | makes 12
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Cook the eggs in boiling water for 2 minutes. Plunge into cold water and peel. Mix the thyme with the sausage. Divide into 12 pieces and shape around the eggs. Roll in the beaten egg, then the breadcrumbs.
2. Very carefully heat 5cm of oil in a deep pan to 180C and very carefully fry the scotch eggs in batches for 1–2 minutess, until golden. Remove with caution and drain on kitchen paper. Bake in oven for 5 minutes, then serve.
Recipe Laura Fyfe
Photo Carolyn Barber
from Issue 27
ingredients• 12 quail eggs
• 2 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
• 3 thick sausages, meat removed
• 1 egg, beaten
• 100g breadcrumbs
• Vegeatble oil, for frying