Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Scottish salmon salad
main courses | serves 8
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Season the salmon with salt, pepper and the zest of a lemon. Drizzle with olive oil and the juice of half a lemon, then rub into the fish. Put 2 pieces of tinfoil in an earthenware dish and lay the salmon in middle. Seal the edges to make a parcel, bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and stand for 20 minutes.
2. Tear the bread, place in a food processor with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Pulse until you have chunky breadcrumbs, place in a tray and bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden.
3. If making your own mayo, this is a good time to do it. If not, bash up the basil and stir through ready-made mayo with a squeeze of lemon juice.
4. Add the broad beans and sea kale to a pan of salted boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, then add samphire and cook for a minute. (If using asparagus and spinach, cook the asparagus with beans, then add the spinach for last 30 seconds.) Drain, then allow to cool on a tray. Dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5. Once your elements are ready, open the foil parcel and put nice flakes of salmon on each plate. Season to taste, add a tiny squeeze of lemon, then dollop a good spoonful of herb mayo in the middle. Sprinkle over a tablespoon or two of breadcrumbs. Have a taste of the cooled veg to check the seasoning, then place some over the mayo.
6. Dress the salad leaves with extra-virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and squeeze of lemon, then take a big pinch of it and sit it on top of seashore veg. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and warm bread.
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 4
ingredients? 800g salmon fillet, scaled, pin-boned
? 4 lemons
? Olive oil
? 2 slices of stale bread
? 5 tbsp herby mayonnaise, or mayonnaise and a handful of basil leaves
? 400g broad beans, podded
? A bunch of sea kale or 260g spinach
? 200g samphire or baby asparagus
? 2 handfuls of mixed baby salad leaves, such as watercress, rocket, dandelion and any edible shoots
? Extra-virgin olive oil
? Lemon and warm bread, to serve