Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Sicilian meatballs al forno
main courses | makes 24
Making meatballs from scratch is a great way of using under-loved, cheap cuts of meat, plus you know exactly whats gone into them. Ive kept the pasta simple to let those Sicilian flavours really sing.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Put the lamb, breadcrumbs, pine nuts, lemon zest, soaked raisins and their juice, oregano, sun-dried tomatoes, most of the parsley (saving a little to serve) and half the parmesan in a bowl. Season, then mix together well.
2. With wet hands, roll and pat the mixture into 24 meatballs (the size of golf balls). Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan over a high heat, then fry them for about 5 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Set aside.
3. For the arrabiata sauce, heat a good glug of olive oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, anchovies and chillies, and gently fry for a few minutes, until soft. Mix in the chopped tomatoes and cinnamon and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring every so often, or until reduced. Pour in a splash of red wine vinegar, season well, add the sugar if you think it tastes too sharp, and mix through most of the basil leaves.
4. Spoon the sauce into a 2530cm ovenproof dish, then dot the meatballs on top, along with the torn pieces of mozzarella. Sprinkle over the remaining basil leaves and parmesan, and bake in the oven for 1520 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
5. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions, then drain and toss with some extra virgin olive oil and the rest of the parsley. Serve the meatballs with the pasta
perfect with a nice crisp salad.
Per serving 841 cals, 33.3g fat (9.8g saturated), 41.5g protein, 89.7g carbs, 16g sugars
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 37
ingredients 500g lamb neck fillet and/or offcuts, minced in a food processor
100g fresh breadcrumbs
50g pine nuts
Zest of 1 lemon
50g raisins, soaked in 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
½ bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves picked and finely chopped
50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
120g buffalo mozzarella, torn
500g dried spaghetti
Extra virgin olive oil
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
2 anchovy fillets, chopped
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 small dried chilli, crumbled
800g tinned chopped tomatoes
A pinch of ground cinnamon
Red wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar (optional)
½ bunch of basil, leaves torn