Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Simple veggie & tofu stir-fry
main courses | Serves 2
1. Place a frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add the cashew nuts, then 30 seconds later add the sesame seeds. Toss for a further 30 seconds until golden, then tip into a bowl.
2. Place the tofu in a bowl and dust with the cornflour and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add a good glug of vegetable oil to the pan or wok and place back over a medium/high heat.
3. Fry the tofu until golden and crisp, then scoop it out of the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper. While it?s still warm, drizzle with honey and scatter over the nuts and seeds.
4. Return the pan to a medium heat and add the garlic, ginger, spring onions and chillies (if using). Stir-fry for 30 seconds, or until the garlic turns golden. Add your vegetables and stir-fry for a further 4 minutes. Squeeze in two of the lime wedges and add a splash of soy sauce.
5. Tip the vegetables into bowls, top with the crispy tofu and serve with the remaining lime wedges and some chilli sauce, if you like extra heat.
Per serving 399 cals, 23.2g fat (3.6g saturated), 22.6g protein, 25.2g carbs, 10.4g sugars
Recipe Phillipa Spence
from Issue 45
ingredients? 2 tbsp cashew nuts
? 3 tbsp sesame seeds
? 175g firm tofu, cut into cubes
? 1 tsp cornflour
? Vegetable oil
? Runny honey
? 2 garlic cloves, sliced
? A thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
? 4 spring onions, sliced on an angle
? 2 red chillies, sliced (optional)
? ½ head of broccoli, cut into florets
? ½ red pepper, sliced
? 4 mini sweetcorns, halved lengthways
? 80g mange tout
? 1 lime, quartered
? 1?2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
? Chilli sauce, to serve (optional)