Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Smashed borlotti bean bruschetta
snacks and sides | serves 4
To make this even easier, use 2 tins of borlotti beans instead, skip the boiling and just warm in the pan.
1. Place the beans, celery, parsley, 2 garlic cloves and half the lemon in a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 45–60 minutes, until the beans are soft. Remove from the heat, add a pinch of salt to the pan and set aside for 15 minutes. Strain the beans over a bowl to catch the liquid (set aside), and discard the other ingredients.
2. While the beans are warm, squeeze over the other lemon half, season with pepper and drizzle with oil. Stir well. When cool, divide into 2 batches. Stir the chopped mint into 1, and blitz the other with a hand blender. Loosen with a little cooking liquid and season.
3. To serve, toast the ciabatta and rub with the remaining garlic. Spread with the bean paste and place 2 slices on each plate. Divide the beans between plates and sprinkle over the chilli, mint sprigs, lemon zest and grated cheese. Drizzle with a little oil and serve warm.
Per serving 220 cals, 8.8g fat (2g saturated), 9.1g protein, 23.6g carbs, 3.7g sugars
Recipe Jamie's Italian
Photo Sam Stowell
from Issue 28
ingredients• 200g borlotti beans, soaked overnight in cold water
• 1 celery stalk, chopped into 3
• ½ small bunch of parsley
• 3 garlic cloves, halved
• 1 lemon, plus the grated zest from ½ lemon
• Olive oil
• A large handful of mint leaves, chopped, plus a few extra sprigs
• 8 slices of ciabatta
• 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
• 20g marzotica or parmesan, grated