Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Souffle omelette with vanilla apricots
dessert recipes | serves 1
This classic dessert has the wow factor of a soufflé, without the faff. Best made individually.
1. Place the apricots in a saucepan with the honey and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook, covered, until soft but holding their shape. Set aside.
2. Preheat the grill to high. Whisk the egg yolk with the vanilla sugar and 2 tablespoons of water until thick and creamy. Using a clean whisk, beat the egg whites until stiff then fold into the yolk mixture with a metal spoon.
3. Melt the butter in a 20cm omelette pan, tipping it around the pan to cover the surface. Pour in the egg mixture and cook over a medium heat until the omelette is golden brown and set on the underside. Place under the grill to cook until the top is set. Run a spatula under the omelette to loosen it, then make an indentation across the middle. Spoon over the apricots, then gently fold over one half of the omelette. Tip onto a plate, dust with icing sugar, scatter with hazelnuts and serve immediately.
Per serving 361 cals, 14.7g fat (5.7g saturated), 7.0g protein, 49.0g carbs, 48.7g sugars
Recipe Joss Herd
Photo Myles New
from Issue 18
ingredients• 2 apricots, halved
• 1 tbsp orange-blossom honey
• 1 egg, separated
• ½ tbsp vanilla sugar
• ½ tbsp butter
• Icing sugar, to dust
• ½ tbsp hazelnuts, chopped