Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Spaghetti aglio, olio & spring greens
main courses | serves 4
The simplest, loveliest pasta we can think of. Fresh garlic (aglio), good oil (olio) and great parmesan are key.
1. Cook the spaghetti in a saucepan of salted boiling water according to the packet instructions, around 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic and chilli and fry for a minute or so, until the garlic is starting to colour. Add the spring greens and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3–4 minutes or until the greens have wilted a little. Grate over the lemon zest.
3. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with a splash of the water it was cooked in. Squeeze over the lemon juice and serve topped with a drizzle of olive oil and a wispy pile of grated parmesan.
Per serving 435 cals, 6.7g fat (2g saturated), 18g protein, 74.1g carbs, 1.3g sugars
Recipe Anna Jones
Photo Martin Poole
from Issue 28
ingredients• 400g spaghetti
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
• 1 head of spring greens, rinsed and finely sliced
• Zest and juice of 1 large unwaxed lemon
• A good handful of finely grated parmesan