Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
main courses | serves 4
This recipe uses the prized anchovies from Cetara, just along the coast from Minori. Good quality anchovies from a jar are a great alternative.
1. To make the sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Melt the anchovies in the oil, then add the garlic and chilli. Fry for 2 minutes, until coloured, then add the tomatoes. Simmer over a low heat for 10–12 minutes, until the sauce is thick. Season with a pinch of pepper.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, blitz all of the topping ingredients together, or chop them very finely with a knife. Set aside.
3. Cook the pasta until it’s just al dente. Drain it, reserving 2–3 tablespoons of the water. Tip the pasta into the sauce, then toss well to coat. Add a little of the cooking water to loosen it, if needs be.
4. Serve the pasta in bowls, sprinkled with a generous helping of the topping mixture, followed by a grating of parmesan.
Per serving: 728 cals, 5.5g sugars, 44.8g fat (5.6g saturated), 16.1g protein, 69.5g carbs
Recipe Peppino & Mariana Ruocco
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 48
ingredients• 320g dried spaghetti
• 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 3 anchovy fillets
• 1 garlic clove, skin on, bashed
• 1 red chilli, finely chopped
• 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 50g walnut halves
• 2 tbsp pine nuts
• 4 tbsp fine breadcrumbs, toasted
• 4 tbsp chopped parsley
• Parmesan, to serve