Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
main courses | serves 2
1. Cook your pasta in boiling salted water according to packet instructions until al dente, then drain.
2. Meanwhile, get a large pan (with a lid) on a medium heat and allow it to get hot. In a small bowl, mix the chilli, garlic and most of the parsley. With 4 minutes to go on your pasta, throw the clams into the pan with half the chilli mix. Drizzle with olive oil and pour in the wine. Put the lid on and shake the pan as they cook. Remove the lid and check they’re all open, then add your spaghetti and tomatoes. Tip in the rest of the chilli mix, squeeze in the juice from your lemon and cook for another minute, stirring well. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve scattered with the reserved parsley.
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 7
ingredients• 250g dried spaghetti or linguine
• 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• Small bunch of parsley, chopped
• 200g fresh clams, washed
• Olive oil
• 150ml white wine
• 2 large plum tomatoes, diced
• 1 lemon