Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Spaghetti with wood pigeon ragů
main courses | serves 6
“A wonderful ‘spag bol’ for all lovers of game, using wood pigeon slowly cooked in tomato sauce,” says Gennaro.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and seal the pigeon. Add the red wine to the pan and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
2. Add the onion, carrot and chilli, and sweat together with the pigeon. Tip in the tomatoes and, using the empty tin, 2 tins of water, plus the chopped basil. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, then half cover and cook for 2–3 hours on a very low heat. Check from time to time – if the meat is sticking to the pan, add another tin or so of water.
3. Cook the spaghetti according to the packet until it’s al dente, then drain and mix with some of the sauce. Transfer onto a large serving dish and serve with
the rest of the sauce.
Per serving 567 cals, 20.7g protein, 17.3g fat (2.8g saturated), 71.8g carbs, 10g sugars
Recipe Gennaro Contaldo
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 34
ingredients• 6 tbsp olive oil
• 3 wood pigeons, quartered
• 275ml red wine
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 2 large carrots, finely chopped
• 1 red chilli, sliced lengthways
• 1.2kg tinned tomatoes, roughly chopped, 1 tin reserved for measuring
• A bunch of basil, roughly chopped, including stalks
• 500g spaghetti