Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Spicy grilled vegetable rolls & chickpea salad
snacks and sides | serves 4
1. For the chickpea salad, place the chickpeas in a bowl and roughly mash with a fork. Add all the remaining ingredients, season, and set aside.
2. Combine the honey and harissa in a small bowl and set aside. Cook all the vegetables on a barbecue or char-grill pan over a medium heat, basting with the olive oil and turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until tender and cooked. Season while cooking.
3. During the last 5 minutes of cooking time, baste the aubergines with the harissa and honey marinade. Leave them to cook for 3 minutes longer than the other vegetables, or until they begin to blacken and soften.
4. Using a sharp knife, split open the flatbreads and lightly toast.
5. To serve, place the vegetables and chickpea salad on the toasted flatbread with some salad leaves.
Per serving 554 cals, 28.0g fat (3.9g saturated), 13.9g protein, 54.8g carbs, 54.8g sugars
The featured recipe is taken from Andy Harris’s book, A Month in Marrakesh (Hardie Grant, rrp £20).
Recipe Andy Harris
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 18
ingredients• 1 tbsp clear runny honey, warmed
• 1 tbsp harissa
• 4 baby aubergines, sliced lengthways
• 3 courgettes, thinly sliced
• 2 green peppers, deseeded and sliced
• 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
• 2 red onions, sliced
• 2 tomatoes, sliced
• 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 pieces Arab-style flatbread
• Salad leaves, to serve
• 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
• ½ tbsp paprika
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
• ½ tbsp ground cumin
• 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• Juice of 1 lemon