Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Spring lamb kebabs
main courses | serves 4
Cook on a barbecue or a griddle pan on a high heat.
1. For the marinade, use a pestle and mortar to smash the wild or clove garlic with the fennel seeds and some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix with the lemon zest and about 80ml olive oil, or to your taste and until you get a good consistency to coat the pieces of lamb.
2. If using rosemary skewers, remove the leaves, apart from 2cm at the top, then sharpen the opposite ends so you can pierce the meat. Otherwise, soak the wooden skewers in warm water for at least 20 minutes. In a large baking tray, mix the lamb, onions and cherry tomatoes with the marinade. Thread, alternating ingredients, onto the skewers, then refrigerate until ready to cook.
3. Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt with the mint, salt and pepper, a squeeze of lemon and a splash of extra-virgin olive oil.
4. Preheat the barbecue, grill or grill pan. Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, for about 7 minutes, until evenly cooked and crisp and golden on all sides. Serve with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and the minty yoghurt.
Per serving 472 cals, 30.8g fat (12.5g saturated), 35.3g protein, 13.8g carbs, 10.2g sugars
Recipe Ginny Rolfe
Photo Tara Fisher
from Issue 9
ingredients• 8 long, very woody rosemary stalks, or wooden skewers
• 600g lamb fillet, cut into 5cm pieces
• 2 large red onions, peeled and each cut into 6
• 200g cherry tomatoes
• 300g natural yoghurt
• Small bunch of fresh mint, finely chopped
• 1 lemon
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• Handful of torn wild garlic leaves or 3 garlic cloves, smashed
• 2 large pinches of fennel seeds
• Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
• Olive oil