Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
St Clement’s shortbread
dessert recipes | makes 16 pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4 and grease a baking tray with the extra butter. Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy then add the citrus zest. Stir in both flours and the baking powder and bring together into a dough.
2. Place on the prepared baking tray then roll into a large round. Score the shortbread in fans, like a clock, and crimp the edges. Prick with a fork and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
3. Place the tray in the oven and bake the shortbread for 20–25 minutes until golden brown. Remove and leave to cool on the tray. While still warm, sprinkle over a little extra caster sugar and gently press in to the shortbread. Cut the shortbread along the scored lines and leave to cool completely.
Recipe Georgie Socratous
Photo Maja Smend
from Issue 24
ingredients• 200g butter, room temperature, plus extra for greasing
• 100g caster sugar, plus a little extra for sprinkling
• Finely grated zest of 1 orange
• Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
• 300g gluten-free flour
• 50g rice flour
• 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder