Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Stilton & sprouting broccoli frittata
breakfast | serves 4
Ive used stilton and gorgeous charred broccoli for added tang and crunch beautiful!
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Blanch the broccoli stalk pieces in salted boiling water for 12 minutes, then drain. Toss with the florets in a little olive oil, then griddle over a high heat for 810 minutes, or until charred and nearly tender. Leave to cool in a bowl, drizzling over a little more oil.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, season with salt and pepper, then stir in the parsley stalks, cheeses and broccoli.
3. Melt the butter with a splash of olive oil in a 20cm ovenproof dish over a medium heat. Pour in the egg mix, quickly stir a few times to let the egg settle, then cook for 23 minutes, or until it starts to set.
4. Pop the pan in the oven for about 810 minutes, or until the frittata is puffed up, nicely golden and completely set.
5. Meanwhile, make the salad. Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan over a medium heat, moving them frequently, until golden all over. In a serving bowl, toss the parsley leaves and toasted nuts in a splash of extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Then take your gorgeous frittata out of the oven and serve immediately with the salad.
Per serving 380 cals, 33.2g fat (9.6g saturated), 16.9g protein, 2.1g carbs, 1.5g sugars
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 36
ingredients 200g purple sprouting broccoli, florets cut from stalks, stalks sliced
Extra virgin olive oil
1 small bunch of flat leaf parsley, leaves picked, stalks finely sliced
50g stilton, or other blue cheese, crumbled
1 heaped tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
A knob of unsalted butter
25g pine nuts