Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Summer fruit roulade
dessert recipes | serves 10-12
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 2–3. Line a Swiss roll tin (about 23 x 30cm) with a large sheet of baking paper.
2. With an electric hand whisk or a free-standing mixer, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Add the sugar a little at a time and keep whisking until all of it is combined. Sift in the cornflour and whisk on high for 5 minutes, or until stiff and glossy.
3. Spoon onto the paper-lined tin and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until crisp on the outside and cooked through – it should be fluffy on the inside. Leave to cool.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the cream with the elderflower and vanilla until soft peaks form. Squisha handful of the berries and swirl them through the mixture.
5. Lay the cooled meringue on a fresh piece of baking paper. (Remove and discard the old one.) Spread with a layer of rippled cream to about three-quarters of the way along, then top with a layer of berries. Carefully roll the meringue, shortest end to shortest end, using the paper to help you.
Serve on a board or platter.
Per serving 308 cals, 24g sugars, 21.8g fat (13.5g saturated), 2.7g protein, 24.3g carbs
Recipe Christina Mackenzie
Photo Sam Stowell
from Issue 41
ingredients• 4 egg whites
• 200g sugar
• 1 tsp cornflour
• 450ml double cream
• 2 tsp elderflower cordial
• 1 vanilla pod, halved and
• 450g mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, redcurrants