Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Super-indulgent mixed berry filo millefeuille
dessert recipes | makes 4 stacks
Luxuriant cream, crisp pastry, sharp berries its the best flavour combo.
Well, it would be rude not to share
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4, and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
2. Lay a sheet of filo on your work surface and brush with a little melted butter. Top with a thin layer of pistachios, then a dusting of icing sugar. Lay another sheet of filo on top and repeat with the butter, pistachios and icing sugar. Repeat this two more times, then finish with a sheet of filo and a brush of butter. Transfer to a lined baking sheet and, using a sharp knife, slice into six rectangles.
3. Repeat step 2 with the remaining filo sheets. Transfer onto the second lined baking sheet and cut into six rectangles. You should now have 12 rectangles.
4. Pop both trays in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until golden and puffed. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with more icing sugar while the rectangles
are hot, then leave to cool.
5. Meanwhile, put the mixed berries and caster sugar in a pan and set it over a medium heat. Stir in a splash of dessert wine, if using, and the remaining butter.
6. Add the vanilla pod to the berries, simmer for 5 minutes until just breaking down, then drain them in a sieve over a pan to catch the juices. Set aside to cool, and pop the juice over a medium heat to simmer and thicken to a lovely sauce.
7. In a bowl, whisk together the mascarpone, yoghurt, cream, vanilla seeds, lemon juice and zest, and 25g of icing sugar, until light and fluffy.
8. To assemble your dessert, take one rectangle of filo, place on a plate, top with a few dollops of mascarpone, arrange a layer of the drained fruit on top, then top with a filo rectangle. Repeat with a layer of mascarpone and fruit, then finish with the final layer of filo. Do the same with the rest, making four filo stacks.
9. Serve drizzled with the thickened fruit juice and a dusting of icing sugar.
Per serving 1,031 cals, 62.3g fat (34.6g saturated), 19.4g protein, 98.3g carbs, 38.9g sugars
Recipe Charlie Clapp
Photo Laura Edwards
ingredients 10 sheets of filo pastry
100g butter, melted
75g shelled pistachios, chopped
50g icing sugar
200g mixed frozen berries
50g golden caster sugar
A splash of dessert wine (optional)
1 vanilla pod, split lengthways,
150g natural fat-free yoghurt
150ml double cream
Zest and juice of 1 lemon