Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Super scotch woodcock
snacks and sides | serves 2
This recipe may seem unusual, but after a big night it makes complete sense. The ‘manchovy relish’ recipe makes one small pot, but you’ll only use a little here, so keep the rest in the fridge to use later.
1. For the relish, pound the anchovies, then the butter in a pestle and mortar until well mashed. Transfer to a food processor and blitz with the panko breadcrumbs, cayenne, white pepper and mace until smooth. Scoop into a ramekin dish and store, covered, in the fridge until needed.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the celery and sweat with the lid on until soft (around 5 minutes).
3. Toast the bread. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl, season with a little celery salt and beat with a fork. Tip the eggs into the celery pan and cook, stirring with a spatula, until very lightly scrambled. When they’re still soft and just a little underdone, take off the heat.
4. Thinly spread some manchovy relish over each slice of toast, and top with the scrambled eggs. Garnish with the chopped chilli and reserved celery leaves and enjoy.
Per serving 480 cals, 23.8g protein, 36.3g carbs, 0.8g sugars, 25.9g fat (10.5g saturated)
Recipe Pete Begg
Photo Yuki Sugiura
from Issue 25
ingredients• A knob of butter
• 4 celery stalks, peeled and finely chopped, leaves reserved
• 4 eggs
• Celery salt
• 4 slices of sourdough bread
• 1 red chilli, chopped
• 140g salted Spanish anchovies, drained
• 40g unsalted butter
• 3 tsp panko breadcrumbs
• A pinch of cayenne pepper
• 2 pinches of freshly ground white pepper
• 2 pinches of freshly ground mace