Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
dessert recipes | makes 8
1. Preheat the oven to 110C/gas ¼. Bring a pan of water to the boil and place a scrupulously clean bowl over it. Add the egg whites and whisk until lightly frothy, 1-2 minutes. Add the caster sugar in four batches, not whisking in the next batch until the mixture has reached stiff peaks and is glossy.
2. Remove the bowl from the pan and keep whisking until the mixture cools down and the outside of the bowl is cool, about 10 minutes. The meringue should now be beautifully shiny.
3. Divide the meringue between four bowls. Fold the coffee essence through one and the vanilla seeds through another. Fold the rosewater and pink dye through the third mixture, then fold the cardamom seeds and half the chopped pistachios through the last batch.
4. Dollop onto a baking tray, topping the cardamom meringues with the remaining pistachios, and bake for 1½–2 hours. They are ready when they can be peeled off the baking tray easily and without breaking. Serve with whipped cream.
Per serving 142 cals, 0.7g fat (0.1g saturated), 2.1g protein, 31.9g carbs, 31.6g sugars
from Issue 34
ingredients• 4 large egg whites
• 250g caster sugar
• ½ tsp coffee essence
• Seeds of ½ vanilla pod
• 1 tsp rosewater
• A few drops of natural pink food colouring
• 3 cardamom pods, seeds ground
• 1 tbsp pistachios, chopped