Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Tomato, black olive, feta & anchovy tart
starter | serves 4–6
1. For the pastry, place the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and blitz until combined. Add half the butter and process for 30 seconds, then add the remaining butter and process for 1 minute. Add 100ml cold water and pulse until large lumps form. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and form into a rough dough. Gently knead with the heel of your hand for about 30 seconds, or until just combined. Flatten to a disc, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface to 5mm thick. Lay the pastry over a 35cm x 10cm tart tin and carefully press into the base and sides. Trim excess with a sharp knife. Line the case with 4 layers of clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. To blind bake the pastry, fill with ceramic pastry weights, rice or beans and bake for 15 minutes. Lift out the weights using the clingfilm and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the base is dry. Set aside to cool in the tin.
4. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4–5 minutes, or until softened. Add the tomatoes, thyme and tomato purée and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. Place the pastry case on an oven tray and spread the tomato mixture evenly over the base. Scatter over the feta and olives, top with the anchovies and drizzle with olive oil. Bake the tart in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the top has caramelised slightly. Serve warm or cold with a green salad.
Per serving 531 cals, 32g fat (18g saturated), 15.4g protein, 43.9g carbs, 4.9g sugars
Recipe Andy Harris
Photo Con Poulos
from Issue 21
ingredients• Olive oil
• 1 red onion, finely sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 400g plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
• 6 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
• 1 tbsp tomato purée
• 100g feta, crumbled
• 75g kalamata olives
• 12 anchovy fillets, drained
• Green salad, to serve
• 330g flour
• ½ tsp sugar
• 1 tsp salt
• 170g unsalted butter, diced