Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Torta ricotta e pere
dessert recipes | serves 10
In Campania they use local sheep’s milk ricotta in this dish, which gives a lovely tang. Adding a small amount of cream cheese gives a similar taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Toast the hazelnuts in the oven for 10 minutes then set aside to cool. Grease two 20cm cake tins with butter and line the bases with baking paper.
2. Blitz the hazelnuts in a food processor till very finely chopped. Add the flour, sugar and butter and whizz to combine. Whisk the egg whites, using an electric whisk, to form soft peaks then fold in the nut mixture. Pour into the tins and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in the tins for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack, remove the paper and leave to cool completely.
3. Meanwhile for the filling, place the pears, vanilla and 75g sugar in a pan and cover with baking paper. Cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes or till soft. Strain over a bowl (reserving the syrup) and let cool.
4. Whisk the remaining sugar, cream cheese, ricotta and cream till thick. Stir in the cooled pears. Place one sponge on a plate and spoon over the cream. Top with the remaining sponge and push down gently so the cream comes to the sides. Dust with icing sugar and serve with reserved pear syrup.
Per serving 330 cals, 21.9g fat (10.3g saturated), 5.6g protein, 26.8g carbs, 23.1g sugars
Recipe Katie Caldesi
Photo Laura Edwards
from Issue 17
ingredients• 100g hazelnuts
• 50g 00 or plain flour
• 100g sugar
• 75g butter, cut into four pieces
• 4 egg whites
• 2–3 pears (400g), peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
• 125g golden caster sugar
• 50g cream cheese
• 200g ricotta
• 100g double cream
• Icing sugar, to dust