Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
dessert recipes | serves 12
1. For the pastry, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Gently mix in the flour to form a paste – this pastry is very soft. Gently form a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill for at least 4 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 2˝ and grease a round 22cm tart tin with a removeable base. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to about 3mm thick. Line the tin with the pastry, prick the base with a fork and blind bake for 10–12 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and spread the molasses over the base.
3. Warm the golden syrup in a pan over a low heat. Add most of the oats and breadcrumbs, reserving a handful of each. Add the lemon zest and juice and stir to combine. Stir in the egg, making sure the syrup mixture isn’t too hot.
4. Pour the mixture into the case and sprinkle over remaining breadcrumbs and oats. Cook in the oven for 30–35 minutes until the filling has lightly set and the top is a deep golden colour. Cool in the tin for at least 5 minutes, then serve with double cream.
Per serving 407 cals, 16.2g fat (9.4g saturated), 5.2g protein, 59.2g carbs, 36.5g sugars
Recipe Union Jacks
Photo Dan Jones
from Issue 23
ingredients• Butter, for greasing
• 30g molasses
• 400g golden syrup
• 100g porridge oats, blitzed
• 100g breadcrumbs
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 2 eggs, beaten
• Double cream, to serve
• 200g unsalted butter
• 90g sugar
• 280g flour