Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
dessert recipes | serves 12
Pure decadence with three types of chocolate. This makes one large trifle or 12 individual ones.
1. First make the mousse. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat and add the chocolate, whisking until smooth, then set aside to cool.
2. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites and sugar until you get a
semi-stiff meringue. Fold the two mixtures together and pour into your trifle dish, or 12 individual dishes. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and yolk with the sugar until fluffy. Gently fold in the flour and cocoa. Pour into a lined 23cm baking dish and spread it out big enough to cut out to the size of your large trifle dish, or individual dishes. Bake for 6 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven, leave to cool, then trim the sponge to fit and place on top of the mousse.
4. For the custard, place the gelatine in a bowl of cold water and set aside. Heat the cream, milk and sugar in a pan over a medium heat until almost at boiling point. Whisk in the milk chocolate, then the gelatine. Pass through a sieve and pour over the sponge layer. Leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
5. Before serving, whisk the cream and white chocolate in a bowl, until soft peaks form. Add to the trifle and top with dark chocolate shavings.
Per serving 767 cals, 43.3g sugars, 58.7g fat (35.6g saturated), 8.8g protein, 50g carbs
Recipe Georgie Socratus
Photo Laura Edwards
from Issue 39
ingredients 2 whole eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
Grated dark chocolate, to garnish
150g dark chocolate
3 egg whites
2 gelatine leaves
500ml double cream
100g milk chocolate
White chocolate cream
500ml double cream
100g white chocolate, melted