Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Warm mackerel & potato salad
main courses | serves 4
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Meanwhile, wash your potatoes and halve any larger ones. Place them in the boiling water, bring back to the boil then cook for 12–15 minutes until cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, chop the chorizo into small chunks and place in a cold pan on a medium heat and fry till the fat renders out and the pieces are lovely and crispy. Spoon the chorizo into a large bowl and give the pan a wipe. Add the spring onions and parsley to the bowl with the chorizo. When the potatoes are done, drain in a colander, leave to steam dry, then add to the bowl with the chorizo. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon and pour in a good glug of extra-virgin olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
3. Put your chorizo pan back on a high medium high heat. Season the mackerel with salt and pepper, then place skin-side down in the hot pan. Fry for about 8 minutes then turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Serve with the remaining lemon, cut into wedges and the potato salad.
Recipe Georgie Socratous
Photo Dan Jones
from Issue 11
ingredients• 600g jersey royal potatoes
• 200g chorizo
• 1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
• 1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped
• 2 lemons
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 mackerel fillets