Recipe top 10
Stuck for something new to excite your taste buds? Check out our 10 most viewed recipes
of the week.
Enter keyword(s) below for to search
Wine-braised chicken with roasted grapes
main courses | serves 4
1. Preheat your oven to 190C/gas 5. Heat a glug of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Season the chicken, add it to the pan in batches, and fry until golden all over. Then
set aside on a plate.
2. Add the onions, carrots and garlic to the pan and gently sauté for about 15 minutes over a low–medium heat, until soft and sticky but not coloured.
3. Return the chicken to the pan along with the rosemary and flour. Turn up the heat to medium–high and leave to colour for a few minutes.
4. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and let it reduce by half. Add the stock and potatoes and bring it back to the boil.
5. Transfer everything to a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is falling off the bone.
6. Place the grapes in a small roasting dish, drizzle with a little oil and cook these in the oven for the last 20 minutes, until caramelised.
7. Stir the grapes into the chicken, scatter over the parsley, and serve.
Per serving 588 cals, 23.2g sugars, 15.5g fat (3.7g saturated), 49.8g protein, 57.8g carbs
Recipe Jamie Oliver
Photo David Loftus
from Issue 47
ingredients• Olive oil
• 1.5kg chicken, jointed into 8 pieces
• 4 onions, cut into wedges
• 4 carrots, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• ½ bunch of rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
• 1 heaped tbsp plain flour
• 300ml white wine
• 200ml chicken stock
• 600g potatoes, roughly chopped
• 2 handfuls of red and green grapes
• Flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to serve