Jamie’s ground-breaking Fifteen restaurant in London has just opened its application process for the 2014 Chef Apprentice Programme.
So if you or someone you know fits the bill and could change their life for the better by getting involved in the restaurant industry and fits the criteria below then apply to Fifteen now.
Every year Fifteen recruits 18 unemployed young people, aged 18 to 24 and trains them to become professional chefs.
As part of the year-long course, the apprentices not only get hands-on training in the Fifteen kitchen, but they will spend one day a week at college (gaining their NVQ Level 2 in cooking) and go on trips to learn about food provenance.
Meet the following criteria and you could be well on the way to an amazing career.
Applicants need to be:
• Living in Greater London with a guaranteed place to stay throughout the course (we are unable to accept international applicants)
• Aged between 18 and 24 at the start of the programme in September 2013
• Not in education, employment or training
• Have a qualification no higher than an NVQ Level 2 (no higher than GCSE level and not an NVQ in Catering or Professional Cookery)
• Able to work in the UK for the duration of the programme
• Must have a good command of the English language
The course is hard work, but worth it. On completion of the programme, the opportunities for your future career are endless. Our graduates work in gastropubs, fine dining restaurants, hotels and catering companies We keep in touch with all our graduates and hold a graduate reunion once a month.
Photographs by Eric Hossinger