© David Loftus
Christmas pudding spoons
Yes, real custard is nice... but there’s nothing like a nice bit of ready-made custard with your Christmas pudding. You’ll need 30 spoons for this recipe.
Whip the double cream and caster sugar together until stiff.
Lay out all your spoons on serving plates and put a blob of custard on each one – not too much or they will overflow when you add the pudding. Take a teaspoon, scoop out lumps of the hot Christmas pudding and drop them onto the custard. Top with a dollop of the whipped cream.
Scatter with the almonds and grated orange zest and serve while warm.
• 142ml pot of double cream
• 2 tablespoons caster sugar
• ˝ x 500g carton custard, warmed
• 450g Christmas pudding, heated
• a handful of toasted and chopped flaked almonds, to decorate
zest of 1 orange