© David Loftus
italian-style antipasti plate
Place the mozzarella at the edges of a large plate and scatter with chilli. Arrange the cured meat and all the vegetables in small piles over the rest of the plate. Top the meat with some Parmesan.
Put most of the basil leaves in a pestle and mortar or a Flavour Shaker with a pinch of salt and crush to a paste. Add a few tablespoons of the reserved olive oil from the jars and stir to make a basil-flavoured oil. Spoon it over the mozzarella and the vegetables, then drizzle with a little olive oil.
Toast the ciabatta then rub lightly with the garlic, drizzle with a bit more of the reserved oil and serve everything together with the remaining basil leaves scattered over.
• 2 x 150g balls mozzarella, torn in half
• 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
• 20 slices prosciutto/bresaola/salami
• 1 x 280g jar Artichokes in Olive Oil, drained, oil reserved
• 1 x 290g jar Sundried Tomatoes in Olive Oil, drained, oil reserved
• 1 x 290g jar Balsamic Sundried Peppers in Oil, drained, oil reserved
• 3 tablespoons mixed olives
• a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
Parmesan, for shaving
• 1 x 20g pack of fresh basil, leaves picked
• a loaf of ciabatta bread, sliced
• 1 clove of garlic, cut in half